The webinars will be live and include presentations on the following subjects:
1. Living With Wildfire by Hardening Your Home, Thursday, April 1, 5:30-6:30 pm PST You can watch a recording of the webinar on YouTube by clicking here.
2. Creating Effective Defensible Space, Wednesday, April 14, 5:30-6:30 pm PST Register for Creating Effective Defensible Space by clicking here
California law requires a minimum of 100 feet of defensible space around all structures in areas subject to wildfires; however, state guidelines acknowledge that depending upon such factors as topography and vegetation a greater distance may be needed to protect structures and lives from wildfire, and encourage "community-wide" defensible space. This webinar is designed to give you information on how to create effective defensible space to help protect your life and home, while complying with regulatory requirements.
Justin Linquist, Monterey County Regional Fire District
John Dugan, Monterey County Resource Management Agency
Buddy Bloxham, CAL FIRE
Richard Bates, Fire Safe Council For Monterey County
3. PG&E and Wildfire Safety, rescheduled, date not yet decided. Rescheduled due to conflict with Senator Laird and Insurance Commissioner Lara webinar, which is April 29, 5:30 pm PST. You can register for the Laird and Lara webinar by clicking here.
4. Moving Towards a Fire-resilient Landscape, Thursday, May 6, 5:30-6:30 pm PST Register for Moving Towards a Fire-resilient Landscape by clicking here
5. Emergency Planning and Preparing for Evacuations, Thursday, May 13, 5:30-6:30 pm PST Register for Emergency Planning and Preparing for Evacuations by clicking here
Information such as names of speakers and more detail on subject matter will be added to this page once confirmed.
The Fire Safe Council For Monterey County is a non-profit 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization. Your contribution is tax-deductible, as allowed by law. Please note, we may only solicit donations from California sources, though we may accept donations from anywhere.